Monday, June 11, 2012

When Monday is a Relief

This weekend was very busy, and the most social weekend I've had in a while.

Friday we jumped straight from the gym to a birthday party (me) and a late late night at the Niverville Fair/RED concert (Eric). Saturday was early to work (Eric), farewell breakfast, Love Winnipeg (me), out with my sister to St. Andrews for tea/lunch (both of us - together at last!), and then an evening with Abra (both of us). Sunday was church, groceries, much-needed nap, and then out for dinner with the MBCI crew and their men at A Taste of Laos.

It was a good weekend, with lots of tasty food and good conversation. It was especially good to see Abra again - she's moved back to the 'peg and is living in the area.

And, A Taste of Laos might just be my new favourite - I had a fish dish that was DElicious...and I ate it african style, as I was advised by the server (though I guess it was Laos style) - ball up your sticky rice in your fingers, with a little dimple in the centre, and use it to scoop up a chunk of tasty, saucy fish. Took me back to my childhood in the village.

I'd definitely go there again! I'm going to be having fish cravings all week!

After all those late nights and early mornings, it felt nice to get our breakfasts for the week ready last night and hop into bed at a normal hour.
Catching up with friends is good. Meandering conversations over food are good. Getting back to routine is good.

In other news, I'm getting excited for our vacation next week! Next Thursday to Canada Day I'm off work. We're heading out to a (rented) cabin for some of it, and will laze around at home for the rest. I've already planned a menu and a shopping list....perhaps I'm a little over-eager! Looking forward to marking our third anniversary and spending some downtime together!!!!

No comments: