Saturday, May 19, 2012

Musings

I was just reflecting on my new-found desire to blog.

I think that it's partly related to my work, and partly to my renewed escapist obsession interest in reading. I don't have a lot of creative output available to me at work right now, and all these new books are a creative input, needing an outlet.
Though, I suppose talking about other people's creativity doesn't require much creativity - it is easier to be a critic than a creator.

I also don't have energy for much social interaction - haven't been reaching out to people
much lately. Big groups wear me out, church gatherings feel like too many people. Once I'm there, I'm usually okay-ish, but the idea of it is exhausting.
Not to say I've been a total recluse, but beyond visiting our families each week, I haven't wanted to do much. Having one kindred spirit over for a meal and a low-key evening has been almost the only interaction I've been interested in. I should reach out more, I know.

So I guess this is my non-social way of being social, my non-creative way of being creative...

No comments: